Washing D.C. Trip 2018

Itinerary+for+the+Washing+D.C.+trip.+

Itinerary for the Washing D.C. trip.

Myles Cionca, Reporter

Hello fellow readers!  The Washington D.C. field trip for the 8th grade will be held on October, 18th-21st.  There will be a bus ride to get there and while there, students will learn about American history and learn to make independent decisions.

On the bus ride, there will be cushioned seats and students will be entertained by movies on the way during the 9.5 hours to get to D.C.  According to Mrs. Langenderfer, a teacher at West Middle School, the bus is not chaotic and that “We always watch National Treasure because it has to do with the Declaration of Independence and we watch Night at the Museum 2 because it is Smithsonian”.

The trip will last four days including both rides to and from D.C. and there will be events including going to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the Kennedy Eternal Flame.  The trip will be highly physical and involve late returns to the hotel at least at 10:00 pm. Kids have done crazy things including “Challenges that have to do with food and sleep” according to Mrs. Langenderfer.

If you are the 190th to sign up for the trip, you will be put on a wait list and Mrs. Langenderfer states, “You wait for someone to drop from the trip and you are contacted and you pay the money to go,” so sign up fast!