10 Fun Things to do on Your Time Off

Lucy Schneider and Lydia Cahill walking in Downtown Plymouth.

Carly Cahill

Carly Cahill, Reporter

What do you do on half-days? Some upcoming half days are June 14th and 15th, also there is no school March 30th- April 6th, and May 28th.  Whether you hang out with family or friends, here are ten fun and popular places middle school students go on their time off.

1. Panera: many West Middle School students can be found here on half-days.
  2. Jimmy Johns: it is a popular restaurant for West students because it is easy and fast.
  3. Kellogg Park: a great place to relax with your family or friends.
  4. Theaters: some popular showings at local theaters are Peter Rabbit, A Wrinkle in Time, Early Man, Jumanji, and The Greatest Showman.
  5. 3 and Up: an electronic-free board game lounge with a snack bar and over 1,000 games! Drop-in admission is seven dollars per person, 774 Starkweather St, Plymouth, MI 48170.
  6. Skatin Station: a rollerblading/skating rink located at 8611 Ronda Dr, Canton, MI 48187
  7. Zap Zone: it is a game center compete with laser tag, bumper cars, rollerskating, a playzone, glow golf, mini bowling, go carts, and much more. Locations at zap-zone.com.
  8. Starbucks: a popular coffeehouse to warm up in the cold.
  9. Airtime: a trampoline and game park guaranteed to overturn your energy.
  10. Parks: Plymouth has many cool parks you can check out, ride your bike or walk for good exercise.

A popular place for West Middle School students to go is DTP. Isabella Tulchinsky, 7th grader at West Middle School, said “On half days a popular place for students to go is DTP; especially Panera and Starbucks.”Jenna Badger, 7th grader at West Middle School agreed.
When I asked Isabella and Jenna what they does on half-days, Isabella replied “On half days I usually go to Maya’s Deli in DTP, then get a cupcake at cupcake station, and window shop around town. Sometimes I go to the library to work on projects. I usually hang out with friends for a few hours immediately after school gets out, them hang out with my family when the get home.” Jenna said “I usually go home, or go home with a friend”