The SJ5K Choir Concert

All nine families represented on a poster.

Wesley Hart and Andrew Kostrzewa

The SJ5K concert was at Salem High School on April 11th at 7 pm. The West Middle School Choir students sang for the SJ5K families and they raised about $1,900 for them.

We interviewed six seventh graders from the West Middle School 3rd hour choir class and Mrs. Grady, the choir teacher. The seventh graders said that the choir concert went very well. Half of them said that all of the seventh graders should be in the balcony because the 6th graders were being rude. The other half said the concert was perfect. They all said that everyone gave a big effort.

The seventh graders said the two best parts of the choir concert were the solos and the posters of the SJ5k Families. All seventh graders said a nine or an eight on a scale of 1/10 how well the concert went. Finally, all the seventh grade students said everyone tried their best.

Mrs. Grady said that the choir concert was amazing. She told us that she would change the poster signs for the families because the letter size was too small.  She answered that the best thing about the concert was at the end when all the posters were raised up. She replied that she thought students put in good effort. In addition, Mrs. Grady and the students rated how well they prepared a 9/10. Mrs. Grady also stated that she thinks that at least 90 percent tried their best.

To close this off, we would like to give a big “thank you” to all of the 6th, 7th, and 8th graders that sang in the concert. We would also like to give a massive thank you to Mrs. Grady for conducting this wonderful concert and raising money for the nine SJ5K families. Remember, no one fights alone!