Pumpkin Spice Latte is Back!

STARBUCKS Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Summer Merrill, 7th grader, WMS

STARBUCKS Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Suprita Nagali, Reporter

The Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) has arrived at Starbucks. The Latte first appeared in Downtown Plymouth (DTP) on September 5, 2017. According to Starbucks Twitter page, the Pumpkin Spice Latte made its debut nationwide on September 1, 2017.

Last year, the classic fall drink, made over 100 million dollars for Starbucks according to the Huffington Post ( Food network, 2016).  Each fall, the drink gets more and more popular. The popular fall flavor has seemed to inspire other companies as well. Companies like Cheerios and Trader Joe’s are making more pumpkin spice foods.

A Starbucks Tall latte can vary from $4.25 to $4.75. The price doesn’t stop people from buying the drink. Amanda, a barista and cash register from the DTP locations says “At least 100 are sold, per day. This includes the type that is mixed and crushed with ice, along with the regular hot one.”

A recent poll of 24 West students, only seven people enjoy the drink. 13 students have never tried the PSL and four students don’t like it. However, the PSL is blowing up on many social media pages. Ever since the drink appeared this year, people have been in “love”, says another barista.

The thirteenth year with the Pumpkin Spice Latte is finally here. Not only do 1 out of 3 students like the drink, many people buy the PSL and, it makes a crazy amount of money for Starbucks and other companies. After all, like most Tumblr quotes say, ” it tastes like heaven.”