8th Graders go to Washington D.C.

Nathan Sulak, Reporter

The 8th graders at W.M.S. (West Middle School) went to Washington D.C. for the 8th annual trip. On Thursday, October 19 at 5:30 in the morning, the 195 students, eight teachers, and twenty-two chaperones rode aboard a nine-hour bus ride with short breaks in between by Bianco charter buses to Washington D.C.

The day the 8th graders left Michigan they arrived in D.C. They toured National Monuments.

Some of the monuments they visited where Lincoln Memorial, Thomas Jefferson Memorial, Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial, Martin Luther King memorial and much more on there trip.

A photo of the Washington D.C. By alumni.umich

They also went to a mall one of the days. Frankie Lollo’s favorite part of the trip was, “The Lincoln Memorial was my favorite part of the trip.”

Thankfully the weather was nice so they were able to do everything on their list. There were also no problems other then some students getting homesick.

During the trip, the group stayed at a hotel. There were four people in a room together. They had to stay in their rooms, They couldn’t go swimming, and they had to be quiet. Every morning they were given breakfast then would visit memorials.

On the bus ride back many students slept because they were driving during the night. After four days the 8th graders returned home to Michigan on October 22nd. Many students were happy to see their parents. Many students had a good time on the trip and would go again!