Construction Cousins, a Book Young Kids are Scooping Up!

Construction+Cousins+is+a+childrens+book.+

“Construction Cousins” is a children’s book.

Liam Kifer, Reporter

Mrs. Hicks and her sister, Mrs. Majszak, published a children’s book titled Construction Cousins. The book was released on September 4, 2018, and this book will be part of a series. The two authors have already started writing another book. Construction Cousins was published by Mascot Books and Omar Hechtenkopf illustrated the children’s book.  

Construction Cousins is not a middle school worthy book, it is for younger kids. Mrs. Hicks, “The book is about five little construction diggers who are cousins.  They have a special relationship with their grandparents, who are also construction diggers.  They decide to throw their Papa a surprise birthday party, and when things go wrong, they have to figure out a way to work together to make it right before the party starts.”

It would be impossible to read the minds of the kids who attended a release event at the local cider mill a few weeks, ago Mrs. Hicks says that the kids appear to have enjoyed it. Mrs. Hicks reflected on the writing process of her book, “It made me remember what it was like to be a student who isn’t sure what to write about and how important it is that as a teacher, I help people find what they are passionate about so that they can write about it!” Mrs. Hicks and her sister had always wanted to do something like this and a few years ago they got busy writing and brainstorming and even taking an authors class!

I am no fortune teller, but I can say one thing for certain, and that is that this is the start of a Construction Cousins series! Congratulations Mrs. Hicks and Mrs. Majszak!