2018 Christmas Gift Ideas

Christmas+Tree

Olivia Stults

Christmas Tree

Ava Obrock and Olivia Stults

The year 2018 has gone by so fast. Doesn’t everyone want to make this Christmas last?

There are some great gift ideas below! Lots of middle schoolers are very picky about what they want for Christmas. Pay attention, adults!  Make sure you know what to get your niece, nephew, or children! 

Since many of us are getting older and don’t really want toys for Christmas, a great gift idea is an “experience” gift! I know for a fact that many middle schoolers would really love to do something instead of open something this Christmas. Here is a list of experiences you can give to your middle schooler:

• Cruise
  • Vacation to Disney World
  • Vacations to other places/ states
  • Cedar point
  • Fishing Trip
  • Concerts, plays, or productions
  • Movie tickets

Shopping for middle schoolers can be hard, but if you have an older brother or sister to help you shop for clothes, that can be a very helpful and really easy gift. Middle schoolers love fashion! So if you are stopping by the mall or just online shopping for clothing, here are some great easy choices.

• Urban Outfitters
  • Pink
  • Lululemon
  • Hollister
  • Aeropostale
  • American eagle

Some really easy gifts to give kids in middle school and high school are gift cards. If you are unsure of what kind of gift cards here are some ideas West students would want.

• Barnes and Noble
  • Pink
  • Hollister
  • Arie
  • Aeropostale
  • Ulta
  • Gamestop
  • Panera
  • Target

If you’re looking to buy a slightly more expensive gift, we students suggest electronics. There are always new Apple products coming out that students would really want. Some of these ideas are quite expensive so these might be a good an idea for the “Big Gift”.

• iPhones Xs, X max, and Xr (other iPhones)
  • Ipad pro      `
  • Apple pencil`
  • Airpods
  • Phone case
  • Macbook pro

If your middle schooler is a bookworm, some of the best Christmas gifts to give are books! They last a long time and you can read them again, and again! Remember, you might have to order some of these books online. 

• The Selection Series by Kiera Cass
  • The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas
  • Five feet Apart by Racheal Lippincott
  • One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth 
  • Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

I hope we were able to help you find some great Christmas ideas for this seasons shopping. There are plenty of ideas above for all different types of teens. Enjoy your shopping!