West’s No Cell Phone Policy Needs to Change!

West+students+cell+phones.+

Olivia Stults

West students’ cell phones.

Marlo Dillon, Reporter

A couple of years ago cell phones were banned from being “on” you during class. Many students at West disagree with this policy. I personally believe that students should be able to have their cell phones on them or in their backpacks and that the students who abuse this privilege should get it taken from them.

Mrs. Kulczycki, West’s Vice Principal, said she disagrees and thinks cellphones should be kept in lockers. Mrs. Kulczycki stated that “Research shows that still having phones on you distracts your brain and when your phone is located in a different room or location it helps your brain function better.”

West students think the cell phone policy is unfair to students that don’t take advantage of their phones. Students should at least be able to use them during lunch and recess. I think that is a great idea because it’s hard to communicate with friends when you have to sit away from them, and it would just overall be fun to have our phones for a bit.

To be honest, I think that school would be more enjoyable if students were able to go on their phones during a break, at recess, or at lunch. School would be more fun and students would be more motivated to get up in the morning and go to school.

Maybe one day students at West will be able to have their phones on them during school and get a second chance with the policy, but for now, I don’t think that will change anytime soon.