West Students’ Top 5 Halloween Costumes

HALLOWEEN+DECORATION

Arden Mayer

HALLOWEEN DECORATION

Kathryn Stran and Renne Elise

Here are the top 5 costumes that are popular amongst West students this Halloween. 

#1 Squid Game character
 This is the most popular costume West students will dress as. On September 17, the Netflix series Squid Game was released. It has become one of the most popular television shows for students. Even West teachers are dressing like these popular characters! To dress like a character from Squid Game, you could wear a pink hazmat and a black mask with a shape on it.

#2 Fairies
The Second costume in which students thought would be most popular is fairies. It became popular on Tiktok and became an aesthetic. So now many are dressing up in groups or solos as fairies. To dress as a fairy you can use wings, a pastel dress, and other accessories of your choice.

#3 Space Cowgirls
This became a popular costume last year and apparently still is a go-to for middle schoolers.  To be a space cowgirl get a pink cowgirl hat, cowgirl boots, and any type of clothing that is metallic.

#4 Among Us Imposter: (sus) 
Last year, the mobile game “Among Us” blew up on social media and got lots of attention. This year, lots of students plan to go as the characters from the popular game. To dress up as the popular character, you could wear a hazmat suit (color of choice) & a helmet. Sounds SUS.

#5 Little Lad or Berries & Cream
The Youtube video from 2007 included a little lad doing the berries and cream dance. It grew popular on Tiktok and now people are dressing up as Little Lad for fun. Now, if you have different hair, you can get a wig to match. For the outfit, you can wear high beige socks, a green button-up, and a white-collar and cuffs. Have fun with it. It’ll be great! 

So how are people getting these costumes? On our form, 70.4% of students bought their costumes. 29.6% of students made their costumes. 

Be creative and we hope you have a great Halloween!