Must See Movies for 2018

+This+is+a+picture+of+the+%E2%80%9CJumanji%E2%80%9D+movie+poster+at+%E2%80%9CAMC+20%2C+Livonia.%E2%80%9D%0A

Mira Vulaj

This is a picture of the “Jumanji” movie poster at “AMC 20, Livonia.”

Emma Blaies and Mira Vulaj

Have you ever been to a movie theater? You’d be surprised that some of the West students have not. However, many have! Here are WMS Students’ opinions on the movies currently in theaters. 

Daddy’s Home 2: The main idea of “Daddy’s Home 2” is when Dusty (Mark Wahlberg) and Brad’s (Will Ferrell) dads both come to visit their grandchildren over the holidays. Over this Christmas visit, things go terribly wrong. This comedic movie was in theaters on November 10th, 2017. The rating of this movie is PG-13. Isabella Blake (12-year-old West Middle School Student) watched “Daddy’s Home 2” over Winter Break 2017. We asked her if she liked the movie, and she replied with, “Yes, it was very funny.” She does recommend this movie to others.

Pitch Perfect 3: The main idea of “Pitch Perfect 3” is about when the Bellas reunite back together to perform at the world championship. They find out that one of the groups that they are facing uses instruments AND voices. This popular movie hit theaters on December 22, 2017. This movie is rated PG-13. Ruby Smentowski (12-year-old WMS student) watched “Pitch Perfect 3” over Winter Break. In Ruby’s opinion, she thinks that “Pitch Perfect 3” was better than “Pitch Perfect 1.” She definitely recommends this movie to others.

Jumanji 2: The main idea of ‘Jumanji 2’ was when four characters: Spencer (Alex Wolff), a nerd, Fridge (Ser’Darius Blain), the football star, Bethany (Madison Iseman), who spends most of her time on her phone; and Martha (Morgan Turner) feels like she’s a lot more awkward than she actually is, all get sucked into a board game. This interesting movie was in theaters on December 20, 2017. This movie is rated PG-13. Nate Sualk (12-year-old WMS student) got to see ‘Jumanji 2’ over Winter Break. He explained his favorite part, “My favorite part of the movie would probably have to be when the rhinos were chasing the helicopter.” In Nates opinion, he thought ‘Jumanji 2’ was better than the first movie, “I like this movie and I recommend this movie to others.” 

Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The main idea of “Star Wars the Last Jedi” was mostly about the force and how Rey producing dark forces instead of good forces. This fantasy/science fiction movie was published on December 14,2017. This movie is rated PG-13. Brynn Christianson (12-year-old WMS student) watched the movie “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”. She saw this movie over Winter Break. She told us, “I liked the movie. It was really good but very intense, I strongly recommend this movie to others.”

These movies are all so amazing and definitely catch the eye of many people. These movies are playing at Canton Emagine, Phoenix Theaters in Livonia,  Downtown Plymouth Penn Theater, AMC 20 Livonia. You all should definitely visit these theaters to check out these amazing movies.