The West Middle School’s SJ5K “Yummy Treat”

Savanna Javello

The showcase for the SJ5K reward

West Middle School had the most students who signed up for the SJ5K compared to all the other middle schools. That means West beat out Liberty, Pioneer, East, and Discovery. There is a reward called the “Yummy Treat”, that you can enjoy during the end of the year field trips in June. The 6th graders get their yummy treat on June 1st at the Park Field Trip. The 7th graders get their yummy treat on June 1st at the bowling alley field trip. Finally, the 8th graders get their yummy treat on June 8th before their Cedar Point field trip.

Mrs. Savalox, an eighth grade Language Arts teacher and the person in charge of the West Middle School SJ5K, says that West had 314 members sign up. All those West runners and walkers raised about $7,000!! The other five middle schools had raised $18,000 total. Altogether, the middle schools raised about $25,000!!

Adrienne Eilola, a West Middle School seventh grade student, states, “I like running [in] the SJ5K because it helps the families in need and it is fun to do.” Adrienne also said that she would participate in the SJ5K next year because it helps the families. That means next year we can get even more students to sign up!!

Good job West Middle Schoolers on getting the most students signed up!! You made a difference in these families lives. Enjoy your field trip and your yummy treat!!