Media Biased Against Donald Trump

Donald Trump 45th president of the United States

www.quora.com

Dylan Fuciarelli, Reporter

A lot of people oppose Donald Trump. After seeing Donald Trump winning the election, many people did not support the results. Thousands of people went to social media to share their viewpoints about the election and about Donald Trump. News sites continuously posted news about Trump and people’s viewpoints about him. 

A study by Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics, and Public Policy at Harvard revealed what reasonable people would consider a disturbing level of media bias against president Trump.  Here are the fractions of negative news coverage towards Trump: CNN and NBC, 93%; CBS, 91%; New York Times, 87%; Washington Pose, 83%.  FOX had equal coverage, with 52% negative. Fox was the main supporter of Donald Trump while CCN most known by Donald Trump fans as the Clinton News Network.

A similar Media Research Center analysis in March 2017 found 88 percent of broadcast news was hostile toward the president, while an Investor’s Business Daily poll said 55% of the public had grown “weary from the media’s persistently negative coverage of President Trump.” Another 54% said the media “has assumed the role of the opposition party, constantly opposing the president and his policies at every turn.” Another article has had a study done by Harvard University survey found 80 percent of print and broadcast coverage about Mr. Trump was negative during his first 100 days in office.

Some opinions from West Middle school students both disagree and agree with these statistics.

Students were asked, “What are your opinions on Donald Trump?” 

“I think that he’s a great president and he’s very successful. He has built multiple hotels and has billions of dollars, and  his family thinks highly of him and his ideas will change the country.” -Christian Leslie, 7th grader at West Middle School

“I don’t think he understands how politics work. I think he’s angering lots of people in the country and offending other country’s leaders.” -Maria Bonnici, 7th grader at West Middle School 

What are your opinions on Hillary Clinton?

“I think Hillary Clinton is a liar and that she’s not meant for the job and that she’s broken many laws.” -Christian Leslie, 7th grader at West Middle School

“She seems like she would have made a good president, though she was quite hard to understand and she had quite interesting political views.” -Maria Bonnici, 7th grader, WMS

What do you think about the media against Trump?

“ I think the media is biased they quoted on him on things he has never said and that they make lies about him to make other people believe he’s a bad guy while they don’t do this to Hillary.” -Christian Leslie, 7th grader, WMS

“I think it’s way too harsh sometimes but there are other times when I find myself agreeing with them. It kinda seems overwhelming.” -Maria Bonnici, 7th grader, WMS

Why do people support Hillary more than Trump?

“Most people support because Hillary is that they believe what the media says and they don’t go through the proper research.” -Christian Leslie, 7th grader, WMS

“Probably because Donald Trump is now president so now people get to see what he’s doing as a president and people are leaving his side because of some of his ideas.” -Maria Bonnici, 7th grader, WMS

Why do you think Trump won?

“Trump won because people realized that Trump is not a lier and he is a great guy and that the media is being biased against Trump and trying to take him down.” -Christian Leslie, 7th grader, WMS

“Trump won because people were doing an investigation on Hillary so people thought he was a better person, and people were tired of having political families and some of them decided to elect a different type of president (businessman).” -Maria Bonnici, 7th grader, WMS