West Door Decorating Contest

Mr.+Woosters%2C+6th+grade+Social+Studies+teacher%2C+homeroom+won+the+door+decorating+contest.+

Nathan Barnes

Mr. Wooster’s, 6th grade Social Studies teacher, homeroom won the door decorating contest.

Luke Betts and Nathan Barnes

The door decorating contest in West Middle School was hectic and competitive among all of the teachers and students. The contest put students in a place where they felt like they run something, instead of the teachers. Also, the contest winner was announced, Congratulations Mr. Wooster’s homeroom!

During an event at West Middle School, teachers chose to participate in a door decorating contest. Some of the teachers’ doors were really well planned and thought out and they were commended for it to the highest degree, being recognized by staff as the best-looking doors and marked winners.

Right, A student in West Middle School 7th Grade, Darren Doyle had a few answers to our questions/statements and now we will tell you his thoughts. Beginning with the first question, we asked, “So Darren do you think that the door decorating contest was fun for you and your classmates, or do you think it was tedious?” Darren responded, “I believe that some students found the event tedious but was good for some students so they could show their creativity in the classroom.” The next question we had for Darren was, “Whose door do you believe should have won the contest?” Darren answered with this statement, “I don’t think anybody should’ve won it was a contest for fun, I thought all of the doors were great.” And lastly, “Did you and your classmates enjoy working with each other?” Darren responded with,” It was good for our classmates to work together.”

We conducted a second interview with Mrs. Horvath, or formerly known as Ms. Medley, and asked her some questions as well. “What do you think about the door decorating contest, was it fun for you as a teacher?” Mrs. Medley replied with, “I thought it was fun and kids were excited, it also brightened up the hallways!” We proceeded to ask another question “How well do you think you and your homeroom cooperated during the event?” Mrs. Medley informed us on this, “I think my homeroom cooperated well and did very good overall.” We asked our most simple yet most important and final question, “Did you find the overall event a good thing for students?” Mrs. Medley enthusiastically said, “I think that the whole event gave students something to positive to talk and think about during the plain, bland, winter months.