West Needs a Soccer Team!

West+students+played+soccer+in+the+gym.+

Caitlin Noe

West students played soccer in the gym.

Caitlin Noe, Reporter

West Middle School is in need of a school soccer team. Mr. Wells our athletic director states, “We already have too much popular sports teams and we don’t have room for another. We already have 7 amazing sports that are getting a lot of participants.”

I disagree.

The main reason why we don’t have a soccer team is that there would not be enough room or people for it. Mostly because there are a lot of soccer clubs in Plymouth. Some of the clubs are Plymouth Reign, Wolves, Hawks, Jaguars and so on. It seems that students would rather play club, than for there school.

There is also a space issue. Not all the middle school has room for a soccer field.

Mr. Wells also mentioned we would only be able to one a single team because there would be any time for a coach to coach both a girls and boys team.  

Despite all of these reasons, I disagree. Kids need a school soccer team to encourage them to play and it will make the school community stronger.  Even if some people play on a soccer team, they can still come and watch, or better they can also join the school soccer team. I just think that it will get a lot of attention from students.

Staff feels that we will not have a soccer team anytime soon. However, students can be the change! Let’s join together to work on getting a soccer team at West!