• November 20Enjoy Winter Break!

Passing Time Needs to Change

West+B+Wing+during+passing+time.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Passing Time Needs to Change

West B Wing during passing time.

West B Wing during passing time.

Maddie Andrews

West B Wing during passing time.

Maddie Andrews

Maddie Andrews

West B Wing during passing time.

Maddie Andrews and Caitlin Noe

Do you think passing time is too short?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
West’s passing time is too short and boring! Students would like passing time to be longer so they are able to get to their classes on time and not feel rushed. There are a lot of things that we can change to make passing time more fun.

Giorgi Nischik, a 6th grader, Braden Price, a 7th grader, and Grace Boal, an 8th grader all agree that “Passing time is too short.” West students agree that passing time should be 10 minutes.

Passing time should be longer for many reasons. First off, people are rushing to get to their classes, with not enough time to grab all of their supplies for their classes.

Also, there isn’t enough time to use the bathroom because of long lines and not enough time to get to class from the bathroom. Nobody wants to give up a P.B.I.S. card for forgetting something or needing to go to the bathroom.

Students just want to talk to friends and hang out for a little bit, but there is not enough time to do it.

The school could play music on the speakers to make it more enjoyable for everyone. Making passing time relaxed and calmer will benefit everyone at West.

Tell us what you think by voting in the poll!

23 Responses to “Passing Time Needs to Change”

1. unknown on October 26th, 2018 10:22 am

passing time is has just the right amount of time

2. Lilli Granger on October 26th, 2018 12:43 pm

I honestly think that this could be a good idea. please make something happen!

3. Unknown on October 26th, 2018 12:50 pm

I think passing time should be longer. I feel rushed to get my stuff and get to class.

4. unknown on October 26th, 2018 12:50 pm

we need more time.

5. Bob Ross on October 26th, 2018 12:53 pm

If passing time was longer than our schedule would change a lot and there would not be as much learning time meaning more homework!

6. liam (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿) on October 26th, 2018 12:53 pm

making the passing time longer will also make school longer and I need maximum time for homework and I have Hockey on random days of the week.

7. Warren on October 26th, 2018 1:05 pm

I believe that passing time is way to short because it is almost like sometimes I feel like I am rushed. The music would really help I guess.

8. Bro on October 26th, 2018 5:36 pm

This is middle school. Your classes are so close to each other, half the time you don’t even need five minutes. High school will hit you hard if you are struggling with passing time now. You don’t need more time but nice try

9. Unknown on October 30th, 2018 5:43 pm

I feel that many people who say that passing time is too short don’t have classes that are far away. For some of my classes, I go from the band room, up to my locker in B wing, then down to LME room. It is very frustrating and I am often arriving right after the bell rings!! Please help change this!!

10. Hannah Comar on October 31st, 2018 11:55 am

I truly think that passing time is too short. Almost all my classes are in other wings and I have to fast-walk to each of my classes. If we made passing time longer, then I would have more time to grab all my stuff from my locker and maybe have some time to finish up homework from other classes.

11. Hannah Comar on October 31st, 2018 11:55 am

12. Kyle Dani on October 31st, 2018 12:04 pm

Nice article!

13. Kyle Dani on October 31st, 2018 12:05 pm

I like how you interviewed many people.

14. Dillon Starnes on October 31st, 2018 12:07 pm

I like this article and I also agree passing time is to short.

15. Dillon Starnes on October 31st, 2018 12:09 pm

Nice article!

16. Abby Knauf on October 31st, 2018 12:12 pm

I love that you added why passing time should be longer.

17. Michael Edelman on November 2nd, 2018 12:59 pm

i am famous

18. Mr. CcCcCcCrabs! on November 2nd, 2018 1:02 pm

if you put music on the speakers everyone will be crazy ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ
    (⌐▀͡ ̯ʖ▀)(⌐▀͡ ̯ʖ▀)(⌐▀͡ ̯ʖ▀)(⌐▀͡ ̯ʖ▀)
    ╚═( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)═╝
    …╚═(███)═╝
    …..╚(███)╝
    ……╚(██)╝
    ………(█)
    ……….*

19. finn st john on November 15th, 2018 8:26 am

yes. passing time is to short. some people have to go across the school to get to one class to another.

20. Griffin on November 16th, 2018 12:58 pm

passing time is fine

21. Afoke Onoriobe on November 22nd, 2018 8:50 pm

I think that passing time is way to short.
    Teachers expect us to use the bathroom that fast and I have experienced that because I had to check out a book at the library during passing time and the teacher was mad because I was almost late to class. That is not my fault that there is barely and passing time like honestly!!!

22. Ashley Wolski on December 12th, 2018 10:25 pm

I think we need more time because sometimes I have to go to the bathroom when passing time happens and there is always a line to go to the bathroom and so I can not go for another hour. My other reason is that we just need a tiny break our brains need to settle then 5 minutes then go to your next class and you’re like WoW I forgot what we learned in Science because we just went straight to the other class. That is why I think we should get more time. Thank for tacking your time to read this

23. Lucy Kaiser on December 21st, 2018 1:05 pm

I have enough time to go down the stairs, drop off my books in the library, then get to choir, before the minute bell even rings! And no I’m not running!

• Passing Time Needs to Change

Opinion

Cliques: Are you in one?

• Passing Time Needs to Change

Opinion

Study Hall Instead of Primetime!

• Passing Time Needs to Change

Opinion

The Truth about the NWEA Testing!

• Passing Time Needs to Change

Opinion

How Many Kids Really Enjoy Recess?

• Passing Time Needs to Change

Opinion

Students Dislike Limited Classroom Bathrooms Passes!

• Passing Time Needs to Change

Opinion

Student Behavior in the Hallways is a Problem!

• Passing Time Needs to Change

Opinion

Lunch Time Should be Longer for Students!

• Passing Time Needs to Change

Opinion

Teachers Should Give Out Extra Credit!

• Passing Time Needs to Change

Opinion

Is Bullying a Problem at West?

• Passing Time Needs to Change