W.M.S. Winter Concerts Coming Soon!

Braden Price and J.J. Gardner

Coming soon- two mystical, beautiful concerts from both the chorus and the band classes. The chorus concert will be on December 19, 2018, and the band concert will be on January 15, 2019. Both groups will be trying their best to entertain and amaze the crowds! Both concerts are free to attend. Both the band and choir concert start promptly at 7:00 pm.

The chorus concert will have a “Winter Holiday” theme. Mrs. Grady, the chorus teacher, says “You should look forward to the incorporation of the book, Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus”. Chorus student Dillon Starnes says he’s excited for “ Singing to make people happy.” Nailah Spencer, another chorus student, says, “We need to wear something fancy.”

The choir concert is after school at Salem High School. According to Mrs. Grady, there will be many solos. Many chorus students are showing excitement for the upcoming concert.

The band concert includes many songs based on the theme “Music from other Regions”.  The seventh graders will play the song” Primordium”. The sixth graders will play the song “Cardiff Castle” and the  8th graders are playing a form of Russian music. Each of these songs originated in a different part of the world.

Abby Hawkins, a band student, says that all of the students are currently performing fine,  just some need to “practice”. She also says that the guests should look forward to the songs. Abby says that the concert is structured so that after the 6th graders play, they will walk out of the gym, and the 7th graders will walk in and play. After that, the 7th graders will walk out and come back around, and sit while the 8th graders play.

Band teacher, Mrs. Farmer says if possible she’d get risers  “for the band so the crowd can see each row of players.” The concert takes place in the West gym. Mrs. Faerms says that the students are “super ready”. There will also be small transition solos between grade levels as well. The concert will include the sixth, seventh, and eighth-grade bands. 

Both the band members and the singers are working especially hard for their upcoming concerts. Please attend and clap loudly, because this is West’s very best!