West’s “Be Kind” Day

Gabriella Lopez and Avery Fox

West Middle School had a “Be Kind” day on Thursday, February 13Th. Assistant Principal Mrs. Lauren Kulczycki is hoping to promote kindness and acceptance at West. 

Mrs. Kulczycki stated “Our theme this year was work harder be kinder. The PBIS leadership team was trying to figure out what to choose and they saw that the “be kind” motto is pretty popular right now…’’ A lot of people were wondering if we are the only school that has done this. “The letters that we used for the “Be KIND ” photos were actually from Bird (Elementary School) because they had done a be a kind day earlier in the year” she claimed.  

During the “Be Kind” day students could take a photo with the giant “Be Kind” letters. Also, many West staff and students wore their “Be Kind” shirts. Lastly, Mrs. Kylzycki and Mrs. Davies are making “Be kind” videos for students.

Mrs. Kulzycki also added, “The PBIS staff and students were looking for something that goes with the “no bullying” theme and the “Work harder, be kinder” theme and we thought it would go perfect because we know teasing is a big thing right now, so we thought it would be a good way to promote being kind.” There will be another “Be Kind” day at the end of the year.