POSTPONED: P-CEP Activities & Athletics 8th grade Extravaganza is March 18, 2020!

Plymouth, Canton, and Salem schools logos in different columns.

The Park Schools Logos

Connor Laird, Reporter

Wednesday, March 18, 2020, Plymouth, Canton, and Salem  High Schools will be hosting an event for eighth-grade students and parents. The buildings will be open from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. for eighth-graders to tour their future high school. Eighth graders will have the opportunity to sign up for sports teams in their home school gym and activities for the students will be held in the Salem Cafeteria.

There are over 40 P-CEP clubs and organizations for your future high schooler. If 8th graders go to the park on Wednesday, March 18th you will be able to sign up for your sports. Mrs.Howe says “It’s really important because the high school is such a big place that kids can connect in, so if they’re not into sports they can go to a club or organization so they do not feel left out of the school.”

The sports 8th graders can sign up for in Fall are boys cross country, football, soccer, tennis, girls cross country, golf, pompon, sideline cheer, swim and dive, and Volleyball. For the winter sports, 8th graders have basketball bowling, hockey, swim and dive wrestling, competitive cheer, and gymnastic. The last ones are spring sports which are track, boys baseball, girls softball, boys golf, lacrosse, girls soccer, and tennis.

P-CEP clubs and activities offer a range of opportunities from student government, service,  academic and competitive focus to special interest and social groups. 

Students should really take advantage of this opportunity to be able to see all of your future sports teams at your future high school also your clubs.