March Madness: Fan Favorites to Win The Tournament!

NCAA College Basketball

Will Reed, Reporter

March Madness is a basketball tournament made up of 68 college basketball teams. The field is made up of teams from all different conferences and regions across America, including regular fan-favorites such as Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, Michigan State, and many more.

The tournament will start on March 17, 2020, and last until the National Championship on April 6, 2020, in Atlanta. The field of 68 teams will be selected on March 15th, on CBS, after the conference tournament play is over. Games will be played in arenas all across the country, with teams on a vigorously demanding schedule of games.

Many students at West enjoy watching the tournament, such as seventh-graders Ethan Britton and Ryan McCaig. Both students are rooting for Michigan State in the tournament, with Britton stating; “I think Michigan State will win the tournament because they always play their best in the tournament.”Mccaig also agrees, saying that he thinks Michigan state will win the tournament.

March madness is also a very popular betting event, ranging from family-friendly bracket competitions to full-scale bets. Kansas is labeled as the clear favorite, with 9 to 2 odds to win the tournaments, but anything can happen when so much is on the line.