Blockbuster Movies that are Postponed due to Covid-19

Blockbuster+movies+that+have+been+postponed.+

Blockbuster movies that have been postponed.

Sahara Kaur, Reporter

Marvel’s ‘Black Widow’, Walt Disney Pictures ‘Mulan’, the next Fast and Furious movie, ‘F9’, DCEU’s ‘Wonder Woman 1984’, and the James Bond thriller ‘No Time to Die’. These are some of the blockbuster films that were supposed to come out, but due to COVID-19, they were postponed for the safety of families. Let’s find out the new release dates for these blockbuster films and some of West students’ opinions about these movies getting postponed.  

Natalie Yates, a West 7th grader, says “I was disappointed that I would have to wait longer to see them but there’s something special about seeing them in the theater.” Isabel Farley-Gillay, a West 7th grader, says “I was so upset about ‘Black Widow’ and ‘Wonder Woman 1984’.” Giorgiana Nischik who is also a 7th grader at West says  “I am upset that they postponed these movies, but I know that it’s probably for the best.”

All 3 of these 7th graders also say that they were most excited to see the movies ‘Black Widow’, ‘Wonder Women 1984’, and ‘Mulan’. Many of these Blockbuster movies got postponed to sometime this summer, fall, or next year. Here are the old release dates of these films and the new ones.

• ‘Mulan’ original  release date: March 27th, 2020 New release  date: July 24, 2020
  • ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ original release date: June 2020 new release date: August 14, 2020 
  • ‘Black Widow’ original release date: May 1, 2020, New release date: November 6th,2020. Black Widow’s new date is replacing the upcoming Marvel movie ‘The Eternals’ which was moved up to February 12, 2021. As a result of the ‘Black Widow’ movie getting postponed and moved up it reshuffles the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
  • ‘F9’ original release date: May 2020 New release date: April 2, 2021.
  • ‘No Time to Die’ original release date: April 2020 New release date: November 25, 2020 

Work cited

Trenholm, Richard. “Marvel, James Bond, and More: These Are the New Movie Release Dates for 2020 and 2021.” CNET, www.cnet.com/news/coronavirus-movie-delays-2020-and-2021-blockbusters-new-release-dates/ .

“CNN.” CNN, Cable News Network, 19 Feb. 2014, www.cnn.com/.