Meet Mr. Menzer, West Math Master

Mr.+Menzer+at+work.+

Wyatt Koontz

Mr. Menzer at work.

Journalism Class, Reporters

Mr. Menzer is a new 7th-grade math and math strategies teacher at West Middle School.  Mr. Menzer wants to make West a better place by building relationships with students, parents, and staff.

Mr. Menzer moved from Wisconsin to Michigan to get a job and find something new.  This is his first year teaching in person, he taught VA last year. Mr. Menzer’s students think he is really funny, kind, and caring. He is willing to work with students one on one and really cares about educating students. 

Mr. Menzer loves sports, he enjoys football, as well as baseball. He has a dog named after Magic Johnson, a famous basketball player. While he is a fan of Michigan, his soon-to-be wife, is a big fan of Michigan State. He loves Michigan because his grandpa played baseball for The University of Michigan. His favorite athlete is Aaron Rodgers, mostly because he went to Wisconsin for his undergraduate degree, and he loves the Green Bay Packers. He went to the University of Wisconsin-Madison for his undergraduate degree, then Eastern Michigan University for his master’s degree. 

One final thing, make sure to say “CONGRATS” to Mr. Menzer! He is getting married in a few weeks to his lovely fiance Holly Todak on October 15, 2021. They will get married at the Gem Theatre in Detroit. They were going to get married in March but because of Covid, they couldn’t. Can’t wait to hear about it and see wedding pictures, Mr. Menzer!