West 6th & 7th Graders go Online for the Day, April 13th

Ava Daniels

Student distracted on Zoom because of game

Ava Daniels and Gavin Harris

Students are back online April 13th. West 8th grade students are going to be at West taking their PSAT. The West 6th and 7th graders are going to be at home doing asynchronous work from Zoom. 

West Middle School 8th grade students are going to get tested from 8:15 to 11:45, then there will be lunch. The 8th graders will go to each class for 20 minutes in the afternoon at school. 

6th and 7th graders will do their work by themselves in the morning (asynchronous) and then log into Zoom for live afternoon classes (synchronous).  

West 7th grade students Mariam Lazeki and Marleigh Hammond had some words about this decision. Mariam thinks that “…people might have issues logging onto Zoom… people won’t do their work.” When we did online last year, many students had issues with canvas and Zoom which led  them to not being able to get to class on time and doing their work. 

Marleigh feels that going online “isn’t going to work out, everyone is just gonna be, you know on their phones just doing nothing.” Phones were a problem last year because they were tempted to check it all day, it was a huge distraction from focusing and paying attention in classes. How do you feel about this random schedule change?