Canton Hockey 2023 Senior Night

Cheryl Early

Canton boys Hockey Senior Night

Alyssa Demeester, Reporter

Saturday, January 14, 2023, was the Canton High Schools Hockey Senior Night.

Canton played against Milford, and performed a great game. Canton had a close game but had a loss as the final score came to a close at 5-6. 

Canton Varsity had an amazing game. Including a first varsity goal scored by #21, Chase Hodges. Chase Hodges plays on the Canton Junior Varsity Hockey team, but got the opportunity to play in the Canton senior night game.

Vincent Hall, #14, is one of the captains on Canton and he helped raise the score by getting a goal. 

Many students from Canton attended the game. After each of the 5 goals were scored, the crowd cheered with so much excitement. Some of the students created Canton chants that the majority of the fans in the stands participated in.

The varsity goalie, Andrew Barkoot, is a sophomore for Canton. He wears #30 and he played in the Senior night hockey game. He had many great saves and overall had a fantastic game.

And the captain, Nolan Lenon, a senior at Canton high school, wearing number 7, had his first varsity hat trick.

Canton hockey’s home rink is at the Arctic Edge Ice Arena, and they had their final home game there on Wednesday, January 18. Canton Junior Varsity has two more home games left for the season, so if you are interested in attending, make sure to be there!