Michigan Dance Alliance is second home to many West students

Elyse Regner, Reporter

Today I am going to be talking about students at West who dance at Michigan Dance Alliance. I decided to talk about this because I thought it was important to talk about what students do after school. And I also wanted to talk about how much I love dancing, how MDA is such a loving place and a second home to everyone that dances there. 

Norah Perkins- I have been dancing at Michigan Dance Alliance since 2014 the year it opened. My favorite dance is wishbone. This dance was from last year and it is my favorite because we won all year and were undefeated team. What I like the most about MDA is that it is a fun environment with lots of care for each other.

Sophia Kendall- I have been dancing at Michigan Dance Alliance since 2022. My favorite dance is also Wishbone because we won every comp and it just had really cool technique in it. My favorite part about MDA is just the love we get from all of the teachers and dancers there and how it just feels like family and my second Home there. 

Kenzie Nellis- I have been dancing at MDA since 2015 the second year it opened. My favorite dance of all time was also wishbone, Kenzie likes wishbone because it was just super different and just super fun to do. Kenzie’s favorite part about MDA is her friends and the great environment there. Kenzie’s favorite style of Dance is Contemporary, she likes contemporary because she likes how it feels and how the music is.

Lexie Fox- I have been dancing at MDA since 2022. My favorite dance is the “peg board” which is called In The End. This is my favorite dance because it is just such a cool dance because we have this big peg board that is really high up with pegs in it and we have to slide through it and do tricks off of it. My favorite style of dance is lyrical/contemporary because I get to express myself and I just like how it goes. What I like about MDA is the friends because they are just the best friends you are ever going to find and how all of the teachers treat us and how they all come up new creative new things.