Messi vs. Ronaldo

FIFA via Getty Images

RUSSIA – JUNE: (Images used in this composite 971463032,972635442,973385414) In this composite image,Lionel Messi of Argentina,Cristiano Ronaldo of Portugal,Neymar of Brazil pose for a portrait during the official FIFA World Cup 2018 portrait session during June 2018 in Russia. (Photo by Lars Baron – FIFA/FIFA via Getty Images)

Enzo Nocera, Reporter

Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are currently two of the best soccer players in the world. Cristiano Ronaldo is from Portugal, as Lionel Messi is from Argentina.  They go head to head each year to find out who will come on top.

Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo both have very interesting lives. Cristiano Ronaldo is 33 years old and played for the Italian team Juventus and the international team he plays for is Portugal. Messi plays for the Spanish team FC Barcelona and the international team he plays for is Argentina. Messi can run 32.5 kilometers per hour, as  Ronaldo can run 33.6 kilometers per hour. They both are worth 400 million dollars as today. Right now there isn’t any proof if Messi and Ronaldo are going to verse each other but, they will sometime this year.

I interviewed Sal Orlandi, a student at West. According to Sal, he likes Ronaldo better because he is nicer and has more trophies. Sal exclaimed, “Messi has better skills for small touches and Ronaldo has better skills for bigger touches.” Sal said Ronaldo takes people on more than Messi. Sal said Messi has better short shots and Ronaldo has better long shots because he takes more long shots. Sal thinks Ronaldo is faster because if you put them side by side Ronaldo will be faster.

Messi and Ronaldo are both very talented soccer players that play on some of the biggest clubs in the world. They are fierce competitors with each other that don’t necessarily like each other. With their skills and talent, they both come up on top.