Mr. Watson-a favorite amongst students

Mr.Watson standing proud in his classroom.

Ryan Boland, Reporter

Mr. Watson is an ELA and social studies teacher at West Middle School who is beloved by both students and staff for his kindness and for being understanding. Mr. Watson is many students’ favorite teacher because he is genuine, caring, and he sees the best in people. 

Mr. Watson is very understanding of students’ mental health issues and it is obvious how much he cares about kids. “I like him because he is very lenient and gives us enough time to get our assignments done on time,” Gavin Harris, West 7th Grader stated. 

“I love teaching all three grades of middle school,” Mr. Watson said. Mr. Watson has taught and subbed all three grades of middle school for 12 years and he has had a blast in all of them. 

He says that when he first started at West he taught mostly 7th and 8th, but ever since the pandemic started, he has been teaching 6th and 7th. Now he teaches almost all 6th grade and has one 7th grade ELA class.

“I learned a lot from Mrs. Horvath,” Mr. Watson said. Mr. Watson admires all of the other teachers at West and says that they are all good friends. Mrs. Horvath said, “Mr. Watson is one of the kindest people I know. I feel so lucky to be able to work with him and I wish I could be more like him.”

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week, go tell Mr. Watson why he is your favorite!