Final Quarter at West Middle School for the 2017-2018 School Year

Daniel Fugate, Reporter

The final quarter of the 2017-2018 school year is here for West Middle School. Many students are pumped up for the 4th quarter here at West Middle School and can hardly wait for the summer time. 7th-grade student at West Middle School Cameron Laidlaw concludes, “ I just can’t wait until summer break.” Another 7th-grade student at West Middle School whose name is Isaac Boal states, “ I’m very excited for summer to be here so there is no more school.” I am also looking forward to summer break to go swimming and play outside.

Another 7th grader at West Middle School Damian Broyer says “ I am looking forward to the end of the year, I can’t wait for summer. I don’t really want to change anything {this quarter.} I would like to get all As this quarter.” A lot of kids seem to be very pumped about the end of the year and the fact that summer is on its way. Along with some students wanting to improve their grades form the previous quarters.

I have taken some walks around West Middle School and have noticed that kids are starting to wear lighter clothes such as shorts and the atmosphere has definitely changed with more kids hyped up. There seems to be more noise and excitement in the building.

A lot of teachers are also mentioning to their students to keep up their game and not slack off just because it is the last quarter and the warmer weather is here. I personally agree with the teachers and the school on their request to not slack off just because summer is here because to me it makes no difference what time of year it is, you should always to your school work and try your very best on it. We will just have to see if this is the case or not.

The 4th and finale quarter at West is bringing excitement and a thrilling atmosphere to the school, leaving many excited about what is to come.