Mrs. Bridges Leaves for Maternity Leave on May 12, 2018

Mr.+and+Mrs.+Bridges+at+their+baby+shower+for+their+first+child.+

Mr. and Mrs. Bridges at their baby shower for their first child.

Mrs. Bridges is an 8th-grade Spanish teacher for Spanish I and II at West Middle School. Her classroom is in the C Wing and as you might know, she is leaving for maternity leave May 12th. Mrs. Bridges and her husband are very excited to have their very first child.

Mrs. Bridges is happily married to her husband, Andre Bridges. The two met in high school. They both attended the Park. Mrs. Bridges attended Salem High School and Mr. Bridges attended Canton High School. They had the same class. Mr. and Mrs. Bridges have been married for two years and they are expecting a baby boy who will be named Andre Jr. Mrs. Bridges told us that she is ready to leave because her baby is due next Friday, May 18th and she is tired and ready to meet him.

Mrs. Bridges will be out of the school for the rest of the year and will be back next September. Mrs. Freeland will be her long-term sub for the rest of the school year. We are all very happy for Mrs. and Mr. Bridges and we wish them all the best for their new baby.

We also talked to Mrs. Medley, a friend of Mrs. Bridges. Mrs. Medley met Mrs. Bridges as a Sophomore in High School. They both had mutual friends and went to Michigan State College together. Mrs. Medley told us, “She’s leaving but I’m excited, she’s gonna be back and she deserves time with her new little one.” Her fondest memory of her with Mrs. Bridges is when they watched “Friends” in their apartment in college. A fun fact that Mrs. Medley told us, is that Mrs. Bridges is a huge “Friends” fan. She owns every season of “Friends” on DVD.

We would like to congratulate Mr. and Mrs. Bridges on their new addition to the Bridges family, Andre Jr!!!