The 4-Way Essay Results

The+WMS+6th+grade+winners+of+the+4+Way+test.+

The WMS 6th grade winners of the 4 Way test.

Aidan Mattina, Reporter

The Four Way Test Plymouth Rotary winners have just been chosen and the luncheon will take place on Friday, May 11, 2018. The winners for 6th grade are in first place Gage Ellis and in second place Talia Wassel.  The 7th-grade first place winner is Amiyah Hanserd and in second place Youping Klein. Finally, the winners for 8th-grade are Chloe Nelson in first place and in second place Sophie Mahnken.

Youping Klein’s, A 7th grader at West Middle School, essay topic was about not cheating if your friend offers to let you copy the answers on his math test.  Youping Klein worked on the Four Way Essay most of a night right after school! To win the Four Way Essay, he used all the suggestions and tricks about writing that Ms. Medley, 7th grade West Middle School teacher, taught him. Youping Klein stated, “I think that the judges chose me because I used a lot of sensory details.’’ Finally, the prize that Youping Klien got from winning the Four Way Essay was a Barnes and Noble gift certificate from the contest.

Clint Smiley, the principal at West Middle School, was that one who assigns the Four Way Essay to the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade in West Middle School. There were a total of six winners in West Middle School. Each grade has a first place winner and a second place winner. Across the school district, there are nine schools and they all have six winners too! Mr. Smiley stated, “ The Rotary Club of Plymouth is made up of community members and all of the nine schools turn in the students Four Way Essay, but the students don’t have their name on the Four Way Essay and the Plymouth Roarty read hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of essays and each people in the Rotary get a stack of essays to grade.”

Congratulations to the 4-way-essay winners at West Middle School! West is proud of all of your hard work and effort!