PCEP 2018 Art Show Winners

PCEP 2018 Art Show Winners

Brooke McCollum

The West winners of the PCEP art show ribbon winners are Brendan Phillips, Lydia Cahill, Ainsley Lloyd, Cooper Avery, Ethan Bleau, and Lily Hetzel! 

The art show is something that the Plymouth-Canton schools do every year. This is usually thrown every year at the Park. The contest includes all grade levels, K-12, and all types of art are accepted. 

Mrs. Hedrick, the art teacher of West Middle school, stated, “The Art Show is organized by the district.  The director of instruction, Carlos Lopez, ran it this year. The High School Art teachers have a lot of input since it is held at Plymouth High School. The purpose is to show what art teachers and students are creating at each school.  It gives parents and students a chance to see what the art students are doing and to see what other schools are doing. Students think it’s a contest, but it’s more of a showcase of art. We [also] do all different kinds of art using a variety of mediums. (oil pastel, watercolor, tooling foil, tempera paint, pencil, ink, scratchboard.”

These West students showed a lot of their art skills in the artistic drawings they made. Any art project you complete during art class at West could be entered in the contest! Congratulations to our winners!