Favorite Memories from the 2017-2018 School Year

Poster+in+WMSs+main+hallway.+

Poster in WMS’s main hallway.

The school year is almost over. There is a lot of stuff that students will miss. They have favorite and least favorite things that happened this year. Keep reading to find out all the things that students loved throughout the 2017-2018 year.

There was so much that went on this year. Sophie Luchinsky, a 7th grader at WMS, said that her favorite school event was the talent show, she said: “My favorite school event was the PBIS talent show because we get to see everyone perform and hear or see their talent.” We also talked to Henry Curran a 7th grader at WMS, Henry said that his favorite assembly was when the Holocaust survivor came in to talk to us. Frances Walewski said, “My favorite memory from the 2017-2018 school year was the first day of school. I was so excited to meet all of my spectacular teachers. I made so many amazing friends and this was a great school year.” She also said, “My favorite field trip was the one I took with Community Council to the DIA. It was so fun to spend time with my friends and learn about all of the amazing art.” 

Students really liked this year, but they did have some least favorite things about the year. People didn’t like things like homework and tests.

Savanna Javello (7th grade at WMS) states, “My least favorite thing that happened this year is the indoor recess rules because I like to walk around and not sit.” Henry Curran, a 7th grader at WMS, says that his least favorite thing that happened this year was: “SCHOOL, because it’s hard but I can’t give up because if I do I will be working at McDonald’s.” Ashley Kopacko, a WMS 7th grader, states, “I didn’t really like the NWEA testing or M-STEP. But I didn’t really like how we stopped having after-school activities.” These were just some things that students didn’t like about the 2017-2018 year at West.

There are also so many great teachers that are leaving us this year. The teachers and staff that are leaving this year are Mrs. Palmer, Mr. Kevin, and Mrs. Savalox. We Will miss them so much and thank them for everything they have done throughout the school year. We hope everyone has a good summer and remembers all their favorite memories from the 2017-2018 year!