West Halloween Activity Night is Coming Soon!

Braden Price, Reporter

It’s October and that means it’s almost time for West Halloween Activity Night. The Halloween activity night is October 26 from 6-8 pm.  There will be candy, a costume contest, open gym, a photo booth, karaoke, a raffle drawing, and food.

For many holidays at West, we have activity nights. Some start right after school and some are later at night. I’ve asked some very wonderful people on what they would change about the activity night. 8th grader Dominic Parrely, eighth grade, says, “I’d like a more open area to be in, as in open school.” He would like the hallways to be open and not have any areas closed off to students. He also stated, “Instead of it being on the 26th, I’d rather have it on the night of Halloween.”

I’ve also asked our wonderful assistant principal on her favorite part and her idea to get more people to come to the vent. Mrs. Hammoud said, “I can’t really think of anything specific because we have added so many different ideas to increase participation – open gym, karaoke, raffle drawing, food, donuts, and free candy!” Her favorite part is, “ The costume contest, it’s always nice to see students wearing neat and creative costumes.”

Ms. Hedge, an eighth-grade teacher, states “ I just want to see as many students as possible [attend]. I wouldn’t change the date, and I’d offer better treats.”

This activity night is one of the best here at West! It’s recommended you go! Have a spooky time!