• November 20Enjoy Thanksgiving Break!

The Student Council Reps’ are Making West Great!

The+student+council+representatives+from+left+to+right%3A+Jenna+Badger%2C+Frances+Walewski%2C+Mary+Kate+L%27Heureux%2C+and+Sophia+Poulos.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The student council representatives from left to right: Jenna Badger, Frances Walewski, Mary Kate L'Heureux, and Sophia Poulos.

Maya Mitts and Abby Knauf

The West Student Council representatives include Frances Walewski, Sofia Poulos, Mary-kate L’Heureux, and Jenna Badger. The council meets in Mrs. Hedges room 1-2 times a week every two weeks. The goal of the student council is to make West Middle School a better and more enjoyable place for the students.   

Jenna Badger is our president at West. She plans the spirit days, dances, clubs, and tries to make West an more enjoyable place. During the student council meetings, she talks about the idea’s and helps improve them. Jenna also makes scripts for spirit activities and announcements. She is enjoying being apart of the student council so far because she likes to be one of the representatives for West.

Frances Walewski is our vice president for West. Frances is a part of planning the dances, activities, and lunch activities. This year, the student council has planned the Halloween dance, added the haunted house, and worked the dance. The council is planning to add more clubs, more activities and boost the attendance at activity nights. Frances likes student council because she enjoys having a voice for other students.

Sofia Poulos is our secretary for West. Sofia plans the activities and takes notes during the meetings. She later uses the notes as references or for approval. This year she is trying to make the bulldog battles team fairer. She loves being part of the student council and loves being a leader for the other kids.

Mary-kate L’Heureux is our treasure for West. She helps with the dances, spirit days and activities. She wants to make sure that West students enjoy being at school. She really loves being part of the student council and loves meeting new people.   

Everyone knows the West Student Council representatives will make West a better and more enjoyable place this year! The West Middle School Student Council will forever love and improve the school.