When are you too old to go trick-or-treating?

Halloween+candy.

Daphne Fisher

Halloween candy.

In the month of October, something many middle schoolers talk about is whether or not to dress up for Halloween. You do get free candy and get to hang out with your friends, but when is it time to stop? 

We interviewed 6 West students on their opinions on the matter. 

Alex Johnston, a sixth-grade student at West Middle School told us that he thinks it is time to stop dressing up for Halloween when you are 15. 

Jackson Brickey, a seventh-grade student at West told us that he is dressing up and he thinks kids should stop dressing up for Halloween in their sophomore year of high school. 

Ellie D’Angelo a seventh-grade student at West states, “ I don’t think there is a certain age for people to stop dressing up I feel like it is just a personal preference of what they feel comfortable doing.”   

Michael Bach another seventh-grade student here at West told us that he is dressing up and that he thinks people should dress up until they are, “about eighty or so.” 

Talia Wassel, an eighth-grade student at West Middle School, said that she would be dressing up for Halloween. She thinks the right time to stop dressing up is never, “I believe there is never a time to stop dressing up until it is legally not ok.”

Tannah Hessenbruch, another eighth-grade student at West, stated, “I don’t think there should be a limit because it’s a fun thing to do with your friends and family.” 

Everybody we interviewed is dressing up this year. All of them have different opinions but most of them think there is really never a time to stop dressing up, it’s just a personal preference. 

We also sent a poll out to the school and out of the 194 students that responded, 109 students, recommended people should stop dressing up between ages 10 – 20. 13 students said people should stop dressing up between ages 21 – 30. 41 WMS students responded that they think that people should never stop dressing up. Only 4 West students said above the age of 31. There were also 3 kids that said somewhere between the age of 0-10. Out of the poll results, 21 people aren’t dressing up, 50 people said they aren’t sure, and 123 students said yes, they are dressing up this year.

Whether or not you want to stop dressing up is up to you. As you read everybody thinks different things and Halloween is just about having fun with friends and enjoying the spooky season.