West Library most popular books (I know books, revolutionary concept)

Wests+library+

West’s library

Isabel Farley-Gillay, Reporter

Fantasy. Realistic fiction. Non-fiction. West has it all. Students of every grade are allowed to check them out and they do! West 7th graders guess that there are 500 t0 11000 books in the library. The exact number remains unknown but it would be a great conversation starter at lunch!

West’s students check out a large variety of books. Heidi Kasten, a West 7th grader stated that she mostly checks out comics and fiction books. Her favorite author is JK Rowling. Annabelle Troyer said that she also likes JK Rowling. She also enjoys books by Rick Riordan and Victoria Aveyard. 

Harry Potter by JK Rowling is a very commonly liked series. 8 out of 13 people asked have read this book. It is about a boy named Harry who lives with his aunt and uncle. His whole life changes when he finds out that he is a wizard, and gets accepted into Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. In 2013 it was voted nation’s favorite children’s book in Reading Charity Book trust 100 best books for children’s vote (Kerr, Mandi).

One other book series is Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan.   It is less known or read but all the people who read it said that it was very good. Only 45% of people have read this series. It is about a boy named Percy Jackson who narrates the book. When Percy is perused by a giant bull-man creature his life tips upsidedown. 

The most common genre of books is romance, bringing about $1.44 billion and crime/mystery bringing about 728.2 million. I think the real mystery is what book you will check out next?