West Events are being canceled- what is affected by the coronavirus outbreak

West Middle Schools Mascot

West Middle Schools Mascot

Isabel Farley-Gillay, Reporter

As we all may know the Wohong coronavirus hit Wayne County and Oakland. Many precautions are being taken. Many activities are being postponed around the world and in our school district. 

Many sports teams are holding games in empty stadiums. The NCAA tournament is only going to be available to the family members of the players and the staff. Many game shows are also not allowing people. 

Today the 8th-grade adjudication field trip was canceled due to government safety precautions. Also, related to band, the band concert scheduled for March 16th has been canceled and is going to be rescheduled. 

The 7th grade Washington DC trip meeting was canceled as well. 7th graders will be getting the packet, in their social studies class, about the field trip instead of an interactive presentation. The sign up will begin as planned. It will start online on March 16th at 9:00 am.

The 7th-grade holocaust survivor assembly and the 8th-grade civil war assembly are both postponed and to be scheduled on a later date.

It isn’t all bad. The girls’ basketball season will continue but games will be played without parents, guests, or students. Wrestling and swimming will also continue as planned.

Be assured that Plymouth-Canton is taking precautionary measures. They make their decisions based on our safety and with our wellbeing in mind. Remember, wash your hands and stay safe.