2021 West Scholastic Book Fair Coming Soon!

Eric Early

2021 Book Fair poster

Eric Early, Reporter

Are you looking for a good book? Are you looking to support West? Yes? Well, come then come to this year’s West Middle School Book Fair! The fair is taking place between October 21st through the 27th and will be held in the library during school hours.

When asked about what books Mrs. Davies thinks will sell big she told me, “Like always I can never entirely predict what books will sell well, but from experience, I think graphic novels will be big,” she also included, “The New Kid will be a big one, and I believe horror is going to do well.” Mrs. Davies said.

I interviewed Mrs. Davies, the West librarian, about the book fair and she admits that while the book fair is stressful and a lot of work, it is good for West and for the students. Mrs. Davies stated, “the teacher preview will be on Thursday and the fair will run until about halfway through next week.” 

If you are wondering about the amount of money West gets from book sales, Mrs. Davies said that “about 25 to 50 percent of the total money will go to West,” she also stated, “About $4000 is made total each year from book sales, 20 to 50 percent of that money will go to getting new books and replacing old ones.”

Finally, Mrs. Davies told me that, “I can’t wait for students to check out the fair, and I want to encourage students to use the E-Wallet this year. For more information on the E-Wallet go to, https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bookfairs/parent-how-it-works.html?fairID=4924009 or, to learn more about the fair click here, Book Fair.