1st West Dance since the 2020 Shutdown

Melina Bekiares, Reporter

Recently, West Middle School had its first school dance in more than 2 years. Since the coronavirus pandemic, there have been a lot of CDC guidelines and restrictions on how many people can be in a room at once. As most of you know, fewer people are at risk of getting COVID-19 because they have their vaccines and boosters. Now, many students are going to the Halloween Dance on October 28th, a Friday. People will be coming in with their Halloween Costumes to get in the Spooky Spirit! The dance is from 6:00 to 8:00 PM and takes place in the gym. Admission to get in is $5.00.

“Students are encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes. The costumes should follow the school dress code, not be overly gory, and should not conceal their identity.” Mrs. Rieboldt states. As long as staff members can identify you, then you will not get kicked out of the dance. Now, about the decorations. Halloween decorations will include Halloween lights, disco lights, painted and carved pumpkins, balloon arches, streamers, caution tape, mini floating ghosts, a levitating witch hat, hanging spider webs, streamers, and so much more!

“Student Council is working on some awesome decorations. They will be Halloween-themed. I believe there will be some ghosts, some witch hats, and some pumpkins!” Mrs. Rieboldt exclaims. If you are in the student council and are interested in decorating, you can sign up at signup genius in the school email that Mrs. Reiboldt sent you for the Decoration Planning Committee.

All phones must be dropped off by the front desk, as the no-phone policy continues at West. There will be no photo-taking or video filming during the dance. Staff and chaperones will be watching you! Any inappropriate behavior is prohibited at the dance. There will be plenty of refreshments throughout the dance and fun Halloween music! You can also request a song when Mrs. Rieboldt sends the form to you in your school email. It must be clean and school-appropriate. “There will be light snacks and drinks provided at the dance such as chips, candy, and juice.” Announces Mrs. Reiboldt. The food will be in the cafeteria. You may not leave to get food in the middle of the dance, as there will be food at the dance. Once you exit, you cannot enter. Once you come in, you have to stay inside.

As I am wrapping up, I want to remind you to have fun, and don’t forget to be a little scary this Halloween!