March is Reading Month

Chloe+Crowl%2C+kindergartener+at+Smith+Elementary+enjoying+a+book+at+the+library.++

Carly Cahill

Chloe Crowl, kindergartener at Smith Elementary enjoying a book at the library.

Carly Cahill, Reporter

Do you love to read? March is Reading Month is for all book lovers nationwide! This March, there will be fun activities and good books you can check out at the Plymouth Public Library, or at plymouthlibrary.Org

If you want to check out new and popular books, the Plymouth library has plenty. Barbara Dinan, Teen Services Librarian at the Plymouth District Library said, “Some popular authors have new books that middle school students are reading.” Popular books middle school students are reading include Turtles All The Way Down by John Green, and All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han, soon becoming a movie.

Some other must check out books are Rick Riordan’s new series the Gods of Asgard and Leigh Bardugo’s new Wonder Woman story: Warbringer. Also, A Long Way Down and Miles Morales: Spider-Man, both by Jason Reynolds. For more top books, visit the Hot Reads section in the Teen Zone at the Plymouth District Library.  

Some special events and activities at the library to attend include a writing workshop with best-selling author Aimee Carter, a book club, and a AniManga Club meeting. You can find out more about these events, where to sign up, and other activities at plymouthlibrary.Org.

If your not a reader, you can still celebrate March is reading month by checking out these new movies based off popular books. Some recent film adaptations are Every Day, The Hate U Give, Wonder, Ready Player One, and Dumplin’. Make sure to check these fun books, activities, and movies out during this March!